Disabling the Low Ink Warning
If the low ink warning message appears after inserting a refilled cartridge, please follow the steps below to disable. If your printer has stopped and the LED monitor is blinking, please refer to the section on 'How to Clean the Cartridge's Circuit Board'.
1. Open the Printer Solution Center.
2. Click on the Maintenance tab
3. Click on "install a new printer cartridge".
4. Click the next buttons until the 'Print the Alignment page' window appears. Print Alignment will confirm the cartridge is being electronically accepted by the printer.
5. Click the print button.
6. Repeat if the error message returns.
7. If unsuccessful, contact us for support.
I Have A Refilled Ink Cartridge, but still get a shortage indicated on the screen?
Lexmark printers provide a remains-checking function on the driver program.
However, since it is based on the number of printed pages and not on the actual remained quantity of ink, it will not automatically recognize it even after the ink has been refilled. Therefore, you need a procedure for making it recognize that the ink is full after refilling.
You can do this by checking the "New Cartridge Installation" on the printer control panel.
(Start -> Set up -> Printer -> Printer Model -> Lexmark printer control panel -> Cartridge).